Grouped with all of the contestants eliminated for the verdict of the international beauty pageant ceremony, Roksana Ibrahimi broke down when the representative of the United States was declared the winner.
After several seconds of suspense shared center stage at the New Orleans Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, R’Bonney Gabriel was crowned Miss Universe 2022 ahead of Venezuelan Amanda Dudamel. If the 28-year-old American has been heartily congratulated by a public committed to her cause since the start of the ceremony, on the other hand the reactions of the other candidates were less unanimous. Positioned in the front row, in the background, Miss Kosovo visibly displayed her disappointment by showing no enthusiasm.
On the Internet, Roksana Ibrahimi’s reaction has even gone viral, with the video footage of her disillusioned attitude being shared many times on social networks. And if the 24-year-old young woman from Pristina was so disappointed, it was because she particularly liked her Venezuelan comrade. “Since we had the chance to talk together, you gave me a sense of peace”Miss Kosovo wrote last Friday on her Instagram account alongside a photo of her alongside Amanda Dudamel. “You know how to make people around you feel good. Your soul is so sweet, I’m happy that this adventure gave us the opportunity to know each other. »
A few seconds later, the young woman applauded as it should R’Bonney Gabriel for her title of Miss Universe. It is the ninth time that the United States has won the international beauty pageant, the last crowning being Olivia Culpo, Miss Universe 2012. Floriane Bascouwho represented France, was not selected in the top 16.
Miss Universe 2022 winners
- Miss Universe 2022 : R’Bonney Gabriel (USA)
- First runner-up : Amanda Dudamel (Venezuela)
- Second runner-up : Andreina Martinez (Dominican Republic)
- Top 5 : Gabriela Dos Santos (Curaçao) and Ashley Carino (Puerto Rico)
- Top 16 : Ndavi Nokeri (South Africa), Monique Riley (Australia), Amelia Tu (Canada), Maria Fernanda Aristizabal (Colombia), Alicia Faubel (Spain), Mideline Phelizor (Haiti), Divita Rai (India), Payengxa Lor (Laos ), Alessia Rovegno (Peru), Telma Madeira (Portugal) and Tya Jané Ramey (Trinidad and Tobago)