AEW Rampage Broomfield, Colorado
The commentators are Excalibur, Paul Wight and Tony Schiavone.
– Tonight is AEW Rampage special New Year’s Smash, the show starts with the first match directly.
AEW All-Atlantic Championship – Singles Match
Orange Cassidy (c) accompanied by Danhausen vs. Trent Beretta accompanied by Chuck Taylor
At the end of the fight, Beretta Pile Drivers Cassidy and covers him, but he resists. Penelope Ford arrives and distracts Beretta who was preparing for another finisher. Cassidy takes the opportunity to do his Beach Break on Beretta and covers him, but he resists. Cassidy continues with his Orange Punch for the count of three.
Winner: Orange Cassidy
– After the fight, Beretta leaves the ring alone and Kip Sabian approaches the ring dancing and challenges Cassidy for the title.
– We find Tony Schiavone in interview with Darby Allin and Sting after Dynamite to have their reaction on the challenge against Samoa Joe. Allin says he became a TNT champion the moment he stopped listening to others and became successful. He lost the title and he even wonders if Sting thinks he can win the title back. Sting says if he answers no, it’s another doubter in Allin. If he answers yes, it is an additional pressure. Joe is a killer, but Allin needs to stop caring about other people’s thoughts. Allin needs to focus and go win his title.
Kip Sabian vs local wrestler
Sabian lands an Orange Punch on the unintroduced wrestler in less than two minutes for the three count.
Winner: Kip Sabian
– Lexy Nair is interviewing Preston Vance (#10) and he presents himself in his new light: Perro Peligroso. Peligroso says it doesn’t matter who he faces because he will do anything to get the light.
– Tony Schiavone is in the ring for an interview with Jon Moxley to get his reaction to Adam Page’s injury. Moxley says that for three years they fought in AEW. With the Clothesline, he proved that there is only one ace in AEW and that is him. The Blackpool Combat Club take care of sending people to sleep like babies. It’s a tough business, it’s the major league. January 11 at Dynamite, if Page wants, Page can go see his doctor because he will be waiting for him in the ring. It will show how difficult business can be.
– In a promo, it is announced that The Acclaimed will face Jeff Jarrett and Jay Lethal on January 4 at Dynamite. Jeff Jarrett declares that they will make sure to make The Acclaimed regret rapping and end their reign.
TBS Championship – Singles Match
Kiera Hogan vs. Jade Cargill (c) accompanied by Leila Gray and Red Velvet
At the end of the fight, Hogan does a Cross Body from the corner on Cargill and covers her, but she resists. Cargill blocks a Suplex from Hogan and Jaded him for the three count.
Winner: Jade Cargill
– After the fight, Red Velvet stays away from the celebration because Cargill is furious that Velvet intervened to stop an intervention from Grey.
– We present a video on Jamie Hayter who explains that she is happy with her victory against Hikaru Shida. Now it doesn’t matter who Saraya brings as a partner because they will beat both of them.
– We find Mark Henry for the main event interview. Jon Moxley says Wheeler Yuta only thinks about destruction, he can’t feel pain or be afraid. Swerve Strickland can’t do anything worse than their training. Strickland says tonight he wants to prove he’s violent. Yuta says he’s going to prove he doesn’t need two rejection tattoos and he’s going to do the most violent Rampage main event ever.
Singles Match – No Title
Swerve Strickland accompanied by Parker Boudreaux and Granden Goetzman vs. Wheeler Yuta
At the end of the fight, Strickland kicks Yuta and covers him, but he resists. The referee finds himself stuck in the corner and receives a blow, Strickland takes the opportunity to make a Low Blow to Yuta. Strickland continues with his JML Driver for the account of three.
Winner: Swerve Strickland
The show ends with a celebration of Strickland and its partners.
photo credit: AEW